Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dinner with Dickie


Onion Ring Eyes, photo by Dickie

I went to dinner at Imperial Buffet with Dickie again. We go quite often because I get these coupons for the restaurant from my sister and parents. For some reason they get delivered to their homes in North York while Dickie, who lives in Scarborough where the restaurant is, doesn't receive them. The coupons used to be buy-one-get-one-free. Now the coupon is good for 85% off the second dinner. Still a good deal as far as we're concerned.

As per usual I started off with a few plates of things like fried rice and assorted meat, fish and vegetable dishes. I try not to eat too many fried things, but normally will take 3-4 onion rings. Dickie always heads straight for the crab legs. He's quite good at extracting the meat from the shell. I tried once, but gave up.

To finish things up I'll grab a plate full of fruit. Usually just the pineapple and strawberries. And then I'll grab some dessert like cheese cake and ice cream.

The food here isn't the greatest of quality. But, then again, what can you really expect from a Chinese buffet restaurant? For Dickie and I it's all about eating until you can't move.

No comments:

Post a Comment