Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dinner at Local



I went to eat at Local last week with one of my friends. It's a restaurant located on the south side of Danforth in between Broadview and Pape. I bought one of those group coupons worth $45 for $20 for the restaurant. I can't remember who from.

I've found I can sort of go crazy buying all these coupons because a lot of the deals are really good. Though some of the places aren't really that nice. But, after checking the Local website I thought the interior looked really good. That was a bonus.

I made reservations for 7:15 though we ran a little late. I suppose it didn't matter much because the place wasn't very busy. Though it wasn't quite the weekend yet I still thought there would've been more of crowd it being Thursday.

Here's how they describe themselves:

Located in the heart of the city, Local is one of a kind resto-lounge that embodies sophistication, elegance, and an inviting atmosphere truly authentic to Toronto. The distinct setting is inspired by the love of art, music, photography and film alongside its refined culinary approach.

The Local Restaurant & Lounge is characterized by its contemporary loft style design, exposed brick walls and palatial ceilings that act as a backdrop to a uniquely intimate space.

We started with the Dip Plate which consisted of three dipping choices - Cauliflower & Chick Pea Hummus - Olive Tapenade - Roasted Red Pepper & Feta plus pita bread to dip for $12.99.

For our entrées we chose the Penne with Grilled Chicken, Wild Mushrooms, Roasted Red Pepper and Rosemary Bourbon Cream for $16.99 and the Pan Seared Dijon Atlantic Salmon
Green Pea Cream with Roasted Root Vegetables & Smoked Apple Wood Potato Hash for $18.99, plus a couple of glasses of house white wine $10 each.

All the food was good as was the atmosphere. There was even a live DJ spinning tunes. Both my friend and I enjoyed our time there. Hopefully business will pick up once the warm weather returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment