Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Visit to St. Jacobs, ON



Today I took Iris' brother and parents and Jinny to St. Jacobs for a visit. It was my first time there. It's in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. About 1-1/2 to 2 hours west of Toronto.

The main attraction is the farmers' market. It's about 3 kilometres outside the village of St. Jacobs. The sell a lot of local produce and other food items and crafts and gifts there. It's a neat place.

After spending just over an hour at the farmers' market we headed into town for a bite to eat and to check out some of the stores there. Since we were pretty hungry we didn't take long on picking a place to dine at. The photo above shows Iris' parents, brother and Jinny inside a restaurant called Stone Crock.

We had the lunch buffet there. It was $13.99, plus tax and tip. I thought it was a reasonable deal compared to other choices. Normally a single entrée would cost you over $10 anyway. For a few bucks more you could eat as much as you'd like. If you know me, you know how much I like to eat. So that suited me just fine.

After lunch we only spent about 1/2 hour more wandering through town before deciding to head back. The weather wasn't that great and I think Iris' parents had enough of walking. Besides, if we wanted to make it back to Toronto at a reasonable time we couldn't stay much longer. Rush hour traffic was staring us in the face. And that wasn't something any of us were looking forward to.

All-in-all I believe everyone had an enjoyable day out. Though I'm not sure it was worth driving through rush hour traffic for (on the return trip). If I had to do it again I think I'd pick the weekend as a better time to venture out.

No comments:

Post a Comment