Saturday, June 18, 2011

They Might Be Giants



I went down to David Pecaut Square (just west of Roy Thompson Hall) this past Saturday to see Brooklyn, NY alt-pop rockers, They Might Be Giants, perform live for Luminato. I first heard them in the mid-80's on CFNY when they we're an innovative and groundbreaking radio station.

I rode my bike down and left it with the free bicycle valet service operated by the Toronto Cyclists Union. It's on Wellington Street, just east of John Street. That was nice. No worries about locking it up somewhere and having someone try to steal it.

Another thing that was nice was the fact that it stayed dry. 680 News reported thunderstorms would occur throughout the afternoon not ending 'til midnight. None of that materialized in the downtown area thankfully. I heard it rained up on Markham/Richmond Hill though.

The concert was good. I heard a few of my favorites such as Birdhouse in your Soul and Anna Ng. I must say whenever I go to a concert and take photos it's a bit distracting. I never get to fully enjoy the performance because I'm concentrating so much on getting good shots. It's somewhat of trade off unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment