Friday, June 10, 2011

My New Favorite Game



It's interesting, but I don't think I've blogged about my "addiction" to Sudoku before. It started a few years ago when I picked up one of the free dailies to read when I sometimes took the TTC to work. I'm guessing that after reading the paper to completion I needed something else to do.

The objective to completing the puzzle is to fill the 9x9 grid with numbers 1 through 9 each appearing once only in every column, row and 3x3 box. Depending on the difficulty level of the puzzle selected squares will already be filled in. More for the easy level, less for the hard.

At first I did quite poorly. In the free daily, 24, it used to take me over 25 minutes to finish the puzzle. But, after a bit of practice my times started to improve. Now I can regularly do them in under 10 minutes (which the paper considers really fast).

Now I regularly pick up the two free dailies to do the Sudokus in them. As well, I get my sister and parents to save me them if they happen to pick up a paper anywhere. Now if that's not an addiction I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment