Thursday, March 3, 2011

Academy Awards Night at Dickie's


Dickie, Steve, Glen, Monica, Cathy, Jason, Flora, Me, Perry

We went over to Dickie's house to watch the 83rd Academy Awards on Sunday evening. Perry and Dickie arranged everything. Dickie's mother made two trays of noodles and Perry brought meatballs, salad and fruits. The rest of us chipped in a few bucks to cover the costs.

I arrived at Dickie's place "fashionably late". I was sleepy in the afternoon and took a nap beforehand.

Upon arriving Perry had me fill out my picks for winners in the various nominated categories. I have to say there were quite a few movies I'd never even heard of. Not even that... I hadn't even seen any of the movies. To tell you the truth my interest in movies has waned over the years. I pretty much chose my winners according to reports I heard on the news from various critics. Either that or I made wild guesses.

Now, I have to confess, when the awards show came on I didn't actually watch it. To me they're rather boring. If it's not sports or news or the Discovery Channel, not much on TV interests me. Instead I played Rock Band by myself on the Xbox. Playing Rock Band by yourself isn't really "playing" Rock Banding either. It's basically Karaoke (which I happen to love).

It would have been nice if there were some new songs. But, the Beatles Rock Band always has good tunes. Rock Band II was getting a little stale by this point in time. I only sang a few songs from it. I believe I had as an enjoyable time as the others (or maybe more so).

As for the Oscar pool... Perry won it. Can you say, fix? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment