Monday, March 14, 2011

New Beginnings



"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
~ Maria Robinson

I like this quote. I think it's quite inspirational. I heard it through my friend Mari. She had it written beneath one of the photos she had for sale at the Quaff Cafe at 668 Queen Street West. Her work is quite good. You should check her Flickr.com page out.

The cherry blossom photo is mine. I took it in the spring of 2008 at High Park. There's a hillside full of cherry trees not far from the Grenedier Cafe. The trees blossom for about two weeks at the end of April/beginning of May. If you want to catch it you may have to go there often to check because the blossoms don't last for very long. If you happen to miss it (like I did a year or two in a row), you'll have to wait a full year before they come out again. Many people bring a lunch and make a day of it. They'll have a little picnic on the side of the hill and enjoy the scenery. It's a lovely way to pass the afternoon if you have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment