Friday, March 11, 2011

Milk Story



You know things are slow with me when I decide to write a blog about milk. But I think you can take this as a public service announcement.

Milk can actually last pretty long unrefrigerated. I found this out the hard way. I had gone shopping at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. They normally sell their 4-litre bagged milk for $3.99. As well they had 1-litre cartons of chocolate milk on sale. Since I love chocolate milk I decided to buy four cartons along with one 4-litre bag of 1% milk.

When I got home I put the milk in the kitchen beside the fridge and went into my room. Of course you know what happened next. Nothing... Like a complete bonehead I forgot about it.

They next day, a full 12 hours later, I went into the kitchen and saw the milk sitting on the floor. I couldn't believe I didn't remember to put it away. Well, being the cheap guy that I am I decided to put it in and take my chances drinking it later.

I started with the chocolate milk first. Over the next few days I drank on carton after another. They seemed perfectly fine. The 1% milk was next. I drank the first of the three bags in a few days. It seemed alright. I finished the next bag a few days after that and it seemed pretty good as well. It was only when I got to the last bag that it seemed a bit off. I drank more of it than I probably should have. It wasn't terrible.

I'm happy to say that I'm still alive and feeling fine. So, my message to you is milk can last quite a long time unrefrigerated. You don't have to pour it down the sink if you happen to do something silly like me and forget to put it in the refrigerator right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment