Friday, March 25, 2011

Japan Earthquake Fundraiser



I attended a fundraising event to raise money for the victims of the earthquake in Japan on Saturday. I heard about it from one of my Facebook friends, Asha. It was organized by a girl named Fujiko and her friend and held at The Ambrosia Hub on Adelaide, just east of John.

I got there around quarter after 2:00, a bit after the start time. I thought it might be fairly crowded by that time. After all nearly 150 replied they'd attend on FB. But, when I arrived, pretty much the only people there were the organizers. So I spent the first bit of time taking pictures of the venue (which I wanted to do anyway). I was thankful I had the space pretty much to myself.

The first group started playing 25 minutes later. It was three young guys who formed their band just three days before. I think they sounded pretty good. To tell you the truth there were so many performers I can't quite remember who they all were. It was fun though. There were a lot of different acts from musicians, to dancers and everything in between.

In all they raised $1,502.87 for their two charities - Save The Children and JCCC Foundation Japan Earthquake Relief Fund.

To see all the photos go to my Flickr.com page.

No comments:

Post a Comment