Monday, February 28, 2011

Skating at Habourfront



We went skating at Harbourfront on Saturday evening. Ken and Tom organized the evening for our group. We started pretty late at 9:00 p.m. I arrived early having already been in the downtown area in the afternoon.

It was snowing quite heavily when I arrived not long after 8:00. I decided to put on my skates and go for a few laps around the ice while I waited for more people to show up. A short time later I saw Ming pass by as I was taking a break on one of the benches on the west side of the ice.

Tom and Florianne came next. They were pretty much on time. We all skated around as people drifted in throughout the next hour or so to join us.

Ken was a bit late. But, he appeased us by bringing two Thermoses full of hot chocolate for everyone to share.

After the skate we headed over to Marché at Brookfield Place (formerly BCE Place) for dessert/drinks/snacks. It's quite a popular hangout being so close to the Roger's Centre and Air Canada Centre.

A few people had light meals while the rest of us indulged in desserts. I ended up getting a seasonal fruit crepe which was quite lovely. We sat and chatted and the few of us who were photo enthusiasts took pictures of everyone else.

All in all it was a great evening. Hopefully we'll get the chance to do it one more time before spring hits and the ice melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment