Saturday, May 9, 2015

Cherry Blossoms @ Mount Pleasant Cemetery


The cherry blossoms are here! I've been following the progress reports on the High Park website. They predicted peak bloom for the first week in May.

On my way home from church in early May I walked through Mount Pleasant Cemetery. They have two cherry trees there just off Yonge. They usually blossom a few days ahead of the ones at High Park. So they're a good barometer to use to gauge when the ones there will be ready.

I believe the trees at the cemetery are supposed to be nicer than the ones at High Park. I'm not sure why, but that's what I heard.

The colour of the blossoms at Mount Pleasant Cemetery are a lovely pink. I think the ones at High Park are less pink in colour.

Anyway, the ones blooming here were beautiful. At the time I walked by I think they were about 60% full bloom. There were some blossoms that were still unopened.

Still I think it was an ideal time to go. Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment