Friday, May 15, 2015

Cherry Blossoms @ High Park

I made my annual pilgrimage to High Park to see the cherry blossoms last Friday. According to their website peak bloom this year was supposed to be Wednesday, May 6th.

With a week of above average temperatures they pushed the date ahead three days from their original prediction. For me, I used the cherry blossoms at Mount Pleasant Cemetery as a gauge to when the ones at High Park might be ready.

I have to say, the blossoms at Mount Pleasant Cemetery are much nicer. They're a lovely pink hue, while the ones at High Park are plain white. It makes a huge difference when taking pictures. Really.

Still, I went down to High Park to see the ones there. Mostly because I had made such a big deal about pushing others to go, so I sort of felt obligated. I couldn't really hype it up and not show now, right?

I decided not to take so many macro shots as I normally would. Just because those were the kind of pics I took at the cemetery. Instead I used my wide angle lens to capture as much of the scenery as possible. To show the throngs of people enjoying the blossoms more than just shooting the blossoms themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment