Thursday, May 21, 2015

Back at Amaya


After first going to Amaya the Indian Room back in March I've returned twice, the second time being this past Saturday. This time I went with Taku and Gabe. It had recently been both my and Taku's birthdays. So it was another excuse to get together, eat some great food and catch up.

I really like this restaurant. The food is absolutely delicious. For me, it's a bit on the pricey side. But the $40 Groupon I purchased softened the blow.

My favourites include the Lasooni cauliflower starter (I know, it sounds weird, but it's great), the curried coastal fish and the organic butter chicken. We had all those plus the Laal Maas (spicy lamb curry) with a basket of naan and side of Basmati rice.

It was good to meet up with Taku again. It seems I only see him once a year on our birthdays. Other than that we keep up-to-date by following each others Facebook feeds. That's how it goes in this technological age I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment