Friday, July 18, 2014

Downtown Street Art


I took a walk downtown on Friday. I was going to meet my friend, Gabe, for dinner and then catch a movie.

Since it was my day off I got down there a bit early with my camera. I knew there were some events going on. One was the 1-year countdown to the start of the 2015 Pan Am Games here in Toronto. They had some sort of thing going on at Nathan Philips Square.

I didn't actually end up going there. Instead I walked through King's College Circle at U of T, then made my way through Chinatown. I thought I'd document some of the street art I had seen on the buildings down there.

I think most of the ones I took pictures of were commissioned. They're quite high end. There was one on a garage on Huron Street that was probably done by some kids. But even that was quite good too.

Since it was late afternoon not all locations were ideal for shooting. Some were in dark shadows so I wasn't able to capture everything I saw.

The art in Kensington Market was really good. There was a lot of it. I think semi-professionally done. Not all of it is noticeable from the street. You have to go down some alleyways to find them.

If you do the work you'll get rewarded though. There are a lot of hidden gems around there.

No comments:

Post a Comment