Thursday, November 12, 2015

Family Dinner at The Keg


I joined my family for dinner at The Keg on Leslie last Monday. We were celebrating three birthdays - my mom and dad's and nephew's. It was my first time at that location. Though I have to say, I can't remember where the other one was (that I went to before).

I was surprised at how busy it was. After all, it was a weekday evening. And a Monday at that. It's not like there was a line up to get in. But it was pretty full when we arrived at 7:30 p.m.

The atmosphere is nice. A little on the dark side which is romantic if you're a couple. Not so much of a big deal if you're eating with your mom and dad and nephews though.

We had a variety of selections to eat. And, like many Asians, we shared them. My mother had the Sesame Tuna - Seared rare on a bed of fresh cabbage slaw topped with a soy and sesame dressing. It was almost like eating sashimi. I have to say, I enjoyed it.

My father had the Black Cod - Served on a fresh chilled quinoa salad and steamed asparagus, topped with tomato cucumber salsa. It was good too. My sister and I had the Top Sirloin. I ordered it medium. In retrospect I should have had it medium-rare. My eldest nephew had the Filet Mignon, a great choice. The youngest had something from the kids' menu.

Since we were celebrating three birthdays, the waiter threw in three desserts on the house. That was nice. He served us a Brownie Sundae - A chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, caramel and whipped cream; Billy Miner Pie - Mocha ice cream on a chocolate crust with hot fudge, caramel and almonds; and his homemade Crème Brûlée - Topped with a caramelized sugar crust (he's also a chef there).

Of the desserts I liked the ice cream cake and Crème Brûlée the best. Of the entrées it would have to be the Tuna and Filet Mignon. Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment