Sunday, November 8, 2015

Dinner at Bamiyan Kabob


After watching James Bond - Spectre at Fairview Mall, my friends and I drove up to Markham to grab dinner at Bamiyan Kabob on Highway 7 and East Beaver Creek. I've had take out from there before, but it was awhile ago. So I had a hankering for it again.

I have to say, Saturday night is one of the worst times to go. Not because the restaurant itself was overly crowded, but just the area in general. There are a lot of restaurants there and the place is packed worse than a mall on Boxing Day. Along with many other vehicles we spent a lot of time circling the lot looking for a space to park. It was pretty crazy.

Bamiyan is a decent-sized place. There are quite a few tables to sit at so seating isn't a problem. You order your food and they give you a number. When it's ready they yell out your number and you go back up to the counter and grab it.

Between the three of us we ordered the Choppan Kabob - Lamb chops mildly marinated in different spices, $12.99; Half Chicken Kabob - Half chicken marinated in seasoning, $11.99; Tikka Kabob - Chunks of beef tenderloin marinated in our seasoning, $8.99; and Kabilee Rice - Brown basmati rice topped with raisins, carrots and almonds, $4.99. The first two meals included rice, salad and naan.

I have to say, all the food was good. Though, I particularly liked the chicken and Kabilee rice. It's different from most rice I've had the chance to have in the past. The raisins and carrots add a certain sweetness to it. It's a nice variation.

I'd definitely go back in the future. But probably not on a Friday or Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment