Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sushi & Bento on Dundas/University


Yes, I went to All-You-Can-Eat sushi. Again. It's becoming quite the habit I know.

This time I went to Sushi & Bento on Dundas, east of University with one of my friends. She has a condo nearby and I had gone there the previous weekend to take some pictures because she wants to sell her unit. I came by to drop the pictures off and we went to dinner.

This was the first time either of us had been there. It's a somewhat small restaurant with a simple-looking interior. Nothing fancy by anyone's standards.

What drew us inside was the sign outside that advertised AYCE sushi (including sashimi) for $19.99. That's a decent price for what they were offering (considering some of the other places I've frequented ran from $24.95-$25.95 for dinner).

Their selection was fine. They had a reasonable selection of items. The fish tasted fresh. The service was all right.

I have to say the nigiri had quite a bit of rice. The dragon rolls were larger than I've seen too. Most places serve them cut into 6-8 pieces. Some of the ones here were cut into 10-pieces. Though I should mention they were thinly sliced. The nigiri with too much rice could be easily offset by ordering sashimi and combining the two if you wanted. Or if you don't care for the rice at all, you could just order the sashimi on its own.

There were only four items listed under dessert - green tea ice cream, vanilla ice cream, deep fried banana and mango yogurt. But, for the price I wouldn't consider it a big deal. Just fill up on fish and you can't go wrong.

I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment