Thursday, March 5, 2015

Amaya - The Indian Room


My friends and I had dinner at Amaya - The Indian Room on Bayview, south of Eglinton on Saturday. One of them had a Groupon voucher for the place.

It's not too far from where I live. I was going to walk, but one of my friends picked me up on her way down.

Even in the dead of winter it's a busy restaurant. Especially on a Saturday. We tried to make reservations for 7:00, but were pushed back to 8:30. We actually didn't get seated until closer to 9:00.

It's fairly nice looking inside. The north wall is covered with unfinished planks of dark wood. It gives it a rustic look which contrast the modern fixtures.

We ordered Laal Maas - spicy, spring lamb curry with tomato and onions, $17; Organic Chicken in British-style tikka masala, $19; Chicken Biryani a mixed rice dish made with spices, rice and chicken; and Saag Paneer - spinach, mustard and shishito peppers with paneer, $12; with a basket of Naan, $9. The food was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment