Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Bowling with the Guys from CPC


Willie organized a bowling outing for a few of us guys down at CPC (Chinese Presbyterian Church) on Sunday afternoon. We went to Club 300 up on Old Kennedy Road north of Steeles. Ed and Pastor Tom joined us.

After service Willie and his 14-year-old son and I went to Rol Jui for lunch. Then we took his son home (because he didn't want to hang around a bunch of old guys) and drove up to meet the others.

We got there 15 minutes early at about quarter to 4:00. Ed arrived next about 1/2 hour later followed shortly by Tom.

Willie and Ed actually went bowling about three weeks earlier. Before that they hadn't gone in 10-15 years (or something like that). I believe I last went a couple of years ago or so. Like them, I rarely bowl. Tom actually has his own shoes and ball. He took bowling when he was at the University of Illinois. He hasn't gone in many years either.

The last time Ed and Willie went they paid $30 to bowl for one hour. We were going to do that again when I noticed that, for $9 more, you could bowl for 1-1/2 hours. So we did that instead.

Now, I'm not a great bowler, but I'm normally not terrible either. I believe all of us threw a gutter ball on our first ball. I have to say, my game didn't improve much after that. The whole first game I failed to get even one spare. It was the first time I didn't break 100. That was pretty embarrassing.

The next two games weren't much better. I did improve, but not much. Everyone was pretty inconsistent going on hot and cold streaks. Tom ended up getting the high score of the day hitting 170 on one of his games.

Willie wants to go again in 4-weeks. I'd better improve next time for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment