Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lunch at Ka Chi


After faithfully going to Rol Jui every Sunday after church for lunch week after week, I finally relented and joined the group at Ka Chi in Kensington Market.

I've been going to Rol Jui for many years now and have developed a good relationship with the staff there. I like the food, the portions are large and it's relatively inexpensive. That's a great combination as far as I'm concerned.

Tony and Iris and their group of international students all used to go too until Tony believes he ate something bad and got sick. I have to say in all the years I've gone there I've never had a problem. I know Tony had gone there for many, many years too without any trouble either. Now I believe they go to Ka Chi most of the time and I try to find whoever I can scrounge up to go to Rol Jui.

Anyway, on this particular Sunday I decided to go with them. It was just going to be Jin Sook, Changhwan and Rose. Tony and Iris were away sick. What I didn't realize was it was going to be Jin Sook's last Sunday in Toronto before returning home to Korea. I believe she may be coming back later in the year.

Lunch was fine. Normally when I eat at Korean restaurants I have bibimbap. This time was no different. I have to say I wish the portions were a bit larger. But I imagine my appetite is bigger than most others. I did get to eat Jin Sook's leftovers, so that helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment