Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cherry Blossom Walk


Like my early trip to Sunnybrook Park to see the trilliums on Friday, I dropped by High Park on Sunday to check the progress of the cherry blossoms after visiting the boarding home.

I parked at the furthest lot located in the park. It's the one off Parkside Drive off Lakeshore Boulevard. I didn't mind parking so far away. I was out for a walk after all.

Since it was so nice out there were a fair number of people in the park even though the blossoms weren't all fully open. Some people were fishing, others riding their bikes. There were a number of photographers like me. But most others were just walking around.

I didn't go straight for the cherry trees on the side of the hill by Grenadier Pond. Instead I walked along the path on the south side of the park (following The Queensway). I wanted to try to get some shots overlooking the pond looking towards the hillside.

It was a really nice day out. The sun was shining and the skies were blue. It was quite good for pictures. I took a number around the pond before heading towards the hill with the cherry trees. Even though only about half the blossoms were open I still took quite a few pictures. Less open blossoms means less people. So I tried to take advantage of that.

I plan on being back the following week. Hopefully the weather will be as nice.

Update: I went to High Park the following week. We had wet weather and wind during that time. Many of the blossoms were blown/knocked off the cherry trees unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment