Thursday, May 15, 2014

Early Trillium Walk


I rode my bike over to Sunnybrook Park on my Friday off work to check on the progress of the trilliums there. Like the cherry blossoms they've been delayed by the long, cold winter. Normally they both bloom around the same time. That would be anywhere between the last week in April through the first week in May.

It was a slightly overcast day. I took the shortcut through Sunnybrook Hospital. There's a path that runs behind the hospital. You can't actually get to the park by car that way. But, if you walk or ride your bike it's good.

The trail where the trilliums are are up by the sports fields. Even though it was fairly early in the season the regular dog walkers were out. I suspect they live in the neighbourhood and are there all the time. Besides them it was pretty quiet.

The trilliums were undersized of course. I suspected they'd be. But, that was all right. I didn't go out only to take pictures of them, but, also, to get some quiet time and a bit of fresh air.

All-in-all I spent about two hours walking around. I would have spent a little longer, but the skies were threatening rain. I did get caught briefly before I made it all the way home. Perhaps I should have left about 10 minutes earlier. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment