Thursday, March 13, 2014

Canadian International AutoShow


I went to the Canadian International AutoShow last month. It was held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. It was the first time I've gone in many, many years. I wasn't looking for a new car or anything like that. One of my friends was able to get discounted tickets. That's why I decided to go.

I went on a Friday because I thought it wouldn't be as busy as if I had gone on the weekend. I drove down with a friend. We parked in an underground lot that another friend told me about off Blue Jays Way, just south of Wellington. It was $12 for the day (even on a weekday).

My main purpose in attending the show was to take pictures of shiny, new cars. I was especially keen on seeing the Toyota FT-1 concept car (which I had only seen pictures of). I think it looks amazing. I was quite disappointed to find it wasn't there.

Still, there were some really neat looking vehicles. Of course, I've always loved the Corvette. The Jaguar, Infiniti, Lexus, Audi and BMW new and concept cars were neat too.

Then there was the exotic car section in the lower level of the north building. Incredible. That's all I can say. It was look, but don't touch there. Not unless you were loaded and actually looking to buy. Then they let you behind the roped off area. Otherwise you stood with the rest of the peasants behind the barriers.

I spent so much time taking pictures I never got the chance to sit in any of the cars (like my friend and most other people were doing). Oh well. In 10-15 years, when I decided to go again, maybe then I'll actually get into a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment