Friday, July 27, 2012

Sunday - Wedding Day


I attended two weddings this past Sunday. One was planned over many months... the other... over a course of less than a week.

One friend called me on Saturday night and asked me if I was still attending my church downtown. I told him, yes. He told me he was getting married there the next day and asked if I could take pictures for him. I told him, of course I could. The next day at 1:00 I met him there along with his fiancĂ©e, mother and sister. She told me he decided to get married the previous Tuesday. He had been seeing his girlfriend for many years and they discussed marriage in the past though.

Our pastor Tom conducted the ceremony. It was simple and fast, but not without it's humorous moments. Part way through the Star Wars theme chimed loudly throughout the sanctuary. It was my friend's phone. He ignored if for awhile, but it wouldn't stop so he turned it off (which he probably should have done before). I tried to keep my composure, but broke out laughing. I have to say it was quite hilarious.

Right after that I went to my former Trader co-worker Carol Chan's wedding at 3:00. She married her long time boyfriend/fiancé Kelvin Siu. The ceremony and reception were held at a banquet facility not far from Vaughan Mills mall.

It was quite nice. I was happy to see a group of my former friends from work again. It's been awhile since I've seen some of them. I was last there three years ago (the summer of 2009). We all sat together at the same table at the reception. Unfortunately we were kind of left in the dark for a good part of the evening because the emcee (and most everyone else who gave speeches) spoke solely in Cantonese. Only Viola (who hails from Hong Kong) could understand what they were saying. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment