Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sam's Recital



Our friend Sam played a recital at The Royal Conservatory of Music (on Bloor Street West, just west of the ROM) on Saturday. It was for his graduation.

A few of us that volunteer with him at the Out of the Cold program at Knox went down to watch him. He play quite a few different selections for a total of 1-1/2 hours. It was very good. He's quite a talented pianist.

I didn't take very many photos because I didn't want to cause too much of a disturbance. It's funny how a little click from your camera carries throughout the auditorium. Quite often I would wait, wait, wait with my finger on the shutter release until he played a loud stretch of music before taking the picture.

After the recital a few of us went to Chinatown for dinner (with some other people from Knox). Sam joined some other friends. I'm sure we'll see him another time. His presence was sought by many this evening. Mr. Popular for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment