Wednesday, May 18, 2011

OOTC Volunteer Dinner



We finished our last Tuesday at the Out of the Cold program at Knox at the end of April. Vicki and Bill held an appreciation dinner for all the volunteers this past Tuesday (May 10th). Vicki made a yummy dinner of East Indian cuisine (I believe). I can't remember what it was called.

There were quite a few volunteers who worked behind the scenes to make the program run successfully. Up until that evening I hadn't even met some of them. From buying the food, to preparing it. To setting up and tearing down and cleaning up. From helping with the food bank to doing the dishes.

That's what my group did. We were the dishwashing crew. I have to thank them all. They did a great job under pressure. When the dishes came in they came in. We had to work in a coordinated manner or one of the other people in our group would get slowed down and things would pile up fast. A big thanks go out to Trevor, Sam, Yonni, Marcel and Daphne. You guys made what would have been a difficult job manageable. I'm thankful for that.

Have a great summer and see you in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment