Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Auntie Ruth's Place



Last Sunday was Easter Sunday, or as our Pastor Tom said that the church likes to call it now, Resurrection Sunday. One of my friend's, Iris, got baptized today. As well, they had a special presentation by our ACTS drama group and the children from Sunday School sang.

After church service a group of Iris' friends who came to see her get baptized went out to lunch with us. Of course we (Tony, Iris, Lillian and I) went to our usual place, Rol Jui, on Dundas. Along with Iris' friends, Auntie Ruth and her sister, Margaret, came along. Tony and Iris treated this day.

After lunch was over Iris' brother, Tae Hoon, and I and another one of Iris' friends (I don't remember her name) walked Auntie Ruth home. She recently bought a one-bedroom condo at The Village by the Grange.

Auntie Ruth invited us in when we arrived. Her place is on the ground floor off McCaul, opposite the Ontario College of Art and Design. It's not that big. Among other things, she brought down one of her grand pianos, this one a baby grand, from her previous residence in Gravenhurst (up in Muskoka). She proceeded to play a couple of songs for us while we were there. I have to say she's still quite good, especially for someone who is 93-years-old.

As well as the baby grand, she had a machine that she bought at one of the annual health shows here. You stand on it and it vibrates. It almost make you look like you're belly dancing the way it moves your lower body around. I'm not sure what it's purpose is. Maybe to give you a bit of a massage or realign any body parts that are out of place by shaking them back into place. Your guess is as good as mine.

She also has a massage chair. I sat in it for a few minutes. It's pretty good. There are rollers in it that go up and down your back kneading it. I wouldn't mind something like that. They're kind of expensive though and they never look very stylish. I guess that's the only downside.

Anyway, it was nice to drop by and see her place and her little stuffed animals. Perhaps, if I get the chance to go back, I'll take a picture of them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment