Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Kids are Alright



I took my cousin's daughter and nephews out to the Brick Works with my friend Daphne last weekend. We just went out for an hour or so before dinner. I thought it would be nice to take the kids there to run around a bit. Get some fresh air, you know. I think it's good for kids to get out and get a little exercise every now and then.

We got there around 4:30 p.m. At this time of the year it gets dark fairly early. So we didn't actually have a lot of time. But, knowing young people, I know they get bored fairly quickly. So even having one hour outside would be enough.

I tried to make it a bit fun by having them run around a little. There was a steep hill leading to an area that overlooked to Brick Works. We took that even though it may not have been a very safe route. I guess they looked at it as a challenge to overcome. There were also some ponds there that they enjoyed looking at and throwing stones into.

It's too bad we missed the fall colours. But, all-in-all, I think everyone had an enjoyable time out.

1 comment: