Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Zoikz



I was over at my sister's place a little while ago and my nephews got me hooked on one of those "tower defence" type games. This one is called Zoikz.

Like all tower defence-type games you have to place your defensive weapons around the game board and try to block the enemy from getting through. In Zoikz the enemy is various computer viruses. The game board is your computer mainframe.

There are three different levels: 1 to 3. Level 1 is really easy. You can't lose unless you really try to. Level 3 is quite tough. I only tried it a few times, but fail miserably most times. Level 2 is one you can have moderate success at providing you develop the correct strategy.

It took me awhile to figure out the best suited pattern of where to place my weapons. At one point I was stuck for quite awhile having only gotten close to finishing a few times. And the one or two times I did complete all 40 levels it just as easily could have been luck as anything else.

Recently I decided to alter my placement of weapons slightly and, lo and behold, most times I tried the game I was able to complete it. Still, as I found out today, there is no guarantee you'll beat the Zoikz even if you place all your weapons in the appropriate spots. There game is still random enough to make it exciting or frustrating depending on how you look at it.

Give it a shot and let me know how you do if you want - Zoikz

No comments:

Post a Comment