Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hockey Starts Again



We started another season at Goulding this past Friday (October 15th). Officially I'm organizing this year, but last year's organizer, Frank, has done an awful lot for sure.

There aren't too many changes from last year. One of our goalies has changed. We lost one fellow who was replaced by someone else's friend. I'm going to switch the team line ups more frequently too. That should make it more interesting for the guys.

One thing that hasn't changed from last year is that my skates are still killing my feet. When I first got them last year they were just ill-fitting. I could barely stand in them for very long. That part got better as the season progressed. But, another problem surfaced... blisters developing on my insteps. It's especially bad on my left foot. For the second time it worsened to the point of just ripping and tearing the skin off that part of my foot. It's feeling pretty tender and raw right now. I hope it improves enough to play the upcoming week because I do enjoy playing quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment