Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jeff L - International Spy


Not long ago I was looking through different peoples' blogs because I wanted to follow a few more. It was at that time that I came across one from someone I have a slight connection to. This past summer I was laid off from my job of over 20 years. My company decided a few of us "old timers" were expendable, so that was that. To show there were no hard feelings they enrolled us in a two day course at a company that specializes in career transitioning.

Anyway, one of my counsellors from that company, "Bob", has a blog here. I have to say I was a little surprised to see it, but curious none-the-less. It didn't take me long to decided to take a peek and see what he had to say. I can tell you, there were no nasty surprises or anything like that. No skeletons in the closet, no dirty laundry or any incriminating evidence. He just wrote about some of the trials and tribulations in his personal life. Still I kind of felt like I was spying on him. I was debating on whether I should leave a comment or not. In the end I didn't. I'll keep the illusion of his privacy safe.

So, let this be a cautionary tale to you all. Be careful what you blog. You never know who might be reading it. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Hello.
    I also have the experience.
    I think that it is a true judgment.
    I want to hear your philosophy attention.
    I have another blog.
    Please look at KAYOKO 'S LIFE.
    <http://zenhimiko.blogspot.com/>
    It is my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shiko/Kayoko,

    I took a look at your other blog. It's great that you volunteer too. I'm happy to hear that. I think everyone should take a bit of time to do it if they can.


    Take care - Jeff =)

    ReplyDelete