Monday, November 2, 2009

Flavor of the Week



A weekly look at the styles of everyday people as seen through the eyes of, me, your intrepid man on the street.

Name: Mari M.

Occupation: Receptionist/Mail Clerk

Location: Bellair Street/Cumberland Street, Yorkville

Clothing details: Hat-Terranova, Scarf-found in stores everywhere, Top/Pants-Europe, Sunglasses-Mango, Shoes-Payless Shoes

What she was doing when I met her: Waiting to meet a friend.


My blog, my way.


This is a new column I'm starting on my blog. It's going to be called Flavor of the Week. It will feature a couple of photos of someone I approached on the street who I thought was either dressed nicely or in a unique way or both.


Originally I had started doing this for another blog site. But, I didn't like their way of laying the column out or the fact they only wanted a short description of what the subject was doing when I met them and their occupation. I thought it would be much more informative to the reader if I listed the brand names of the items of clothing the person was wearing and/or where you could buy them. I mean, if I saw something that someone was wearing that I liked I'd certainly want to know where I could get it, wouldn't you?


Another ridiculous restriction they had was that the subject had to be standing. Meaning these shots I took of Mari would have been useless. I thought that was silly. So now I'm doing it my way. I'll write what I feel like writing and post the pictures I like.


Okay, enough of me ranting...


This is Mari M. She's the first person I ever approached for this feature. In turn she will have the honour of being the first person I post on my blog. Mari was sitting on a bench in Yorkville talking on the phone with her friend when I saw her. I waited a couple minutes until after she finished before going up to her. She graciously agreed to pose for a few shots while waiting for her friend to show up. We had a few moments to chat after I finished shooting. It turns out she's an amateur photographer too. You can check her shots out here. I have to say, they're really good.

I'm going to use some of the same pictures that were posted on the other site as well as others they didn't use. I'll post every Monday until I run out of photos. Should be good for another five months.


Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment