Monday, February 29, 2016

India's Taste


I had a hankering for AYCE sushi the other day. But one of my friends doesn't eat anything raw. So that was out of the question.

Instead she suggested Indian buffet which I also enjoy. Though, most of the time, for that, I usually end up across the street from my condo at Chef of India. Problem was they only have a lunch-time buffet and it was too late for that.

So she suggested India's Taste on Denison, east of Woodbine, in Markham. They offer an all-day buffet. We've gone there before. A year or two ago I believe. Back then it was more of a hole in the wall. Now, after renovations, it looks quite nice inside.

We arranged to meet at 6:30. Traffic from my place was a lot better than I expected. I arrived over 15 minutes early. Still I waited until around 6:30 before entering. I didn't want to sit by myself for too long. Luckily there was no line so I was seated right away.

They gave me a booth which was nice. It could actually seat six though there were only two of us. The seating between you and the table was a little tight, but manageable.

They have a good selection of items. I have to admit I know next to nothing about Indian cuisine. So I won't attempt to tell you what they had. Suffice to say, there was a fair bit to choose from. Like the booth we were sitting in, the buffet tables were tightly packed together too. Not a big deal. Just make sure to keep your elbows in.

Shortly after we started eating the crowds came. It was packed. Part of the problem was that my friends, Rob and Kathleen, showed up with their daughter and her ringette team after their game. Their group had at least fifteen people in it. Needless to say, the crowds spilled into the dining area.

We had a good meal. I ate too much. Again. I would have liked to have stayed a little longer to sit and relax, but we sort of felt guilty because of such a long line at the front.

Dinner was a reasonable $15.99 plus tax and tip. Cheaper than a Chinese buffet with better food.

No comments:

Post a Comment