Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Dim Sum at Legend Chinese Restaurant


My family and I went to Dim Sum at Legend Chinese Restaurant on Yonge, north of Steeles, in Thornhill last Friday. I suppose it may have been a Chinese New Year gathering. We all had the day off (me because I don't work on Fridays and my nephews, probably because of a P.A. Day for the Family Day long weekend).

I've been to different restaurants at this strip mall before - the Red Lobster and another spicy Korean BBQ wings restaurant, but it was my first time at Legend Chinese Restaurant. My sister had been there in the past with co-workers when she used to work in the area.

It's a stylish restaurant with quality tablecloths and nice looking furniture. A step up from many of the places I normally go to. The food was good as well. Not a huge variety, but the typical dim sum standards like shrimp har gow, pork shu mai, fried turnip cake and beef rice noodle. We also ordered a few dessert items - mango pudding, black sesame-filled balls and egg tarts with lovely, flaky crust. It was all very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment