Monday, June 8, 2015

Early Dinner @ Glow


Glow restaurant at Shops at Don Mills has a low cost early dinner option Sunday through Friday from 4:30-6:00 p.m.. My friend and I decided to try it recently.

For $15 you get an appetizer (soup of the day or mixed green or Caesar salad); a choice of entrées (daily flatbread, grilled beef tenderloin, grilled pork loin chop, steamed basa or chicken milanese; and a mini dessert shot (which essentially is a tiny dessert in a glass).

We went with the mixed green salad and a soup of the day which on this day was some sort of Thai themed soup (that I can't quite remember now). Both were good. If I had to pick only one, I'd choose the soup though. It had a bit of a kick. But nothing I couldn't handle.

For our entrées we chose the basa and beef tenderloin. I have to say both were a bit of a disappointment. Of course we're only paying $15 in total, so I guess you get what you pay for.

The basa isn't particularly tasty to start with. It's sort of a bland, inexpensive fish. The piece of beef was quite thin. Probably less than a centimetre thick. If you were the least bit on the hungry side you'd probably need to grab a pizza afterwards.

The desserts were cute. And small... served in something about the size of a shot glass. They tasted fine. But you could finish them in a couple of bites if you wanted.

The restaurant, itself, looks pretty nice. And the staff were super attentive. So those are big plusses. Would I try the $15 menu again? Sure, probably. Just to see what the other entrées are like.

No comments:

Post a Comment