Saturday, April 25, 2015

CAA = 10% off at The GAP


As I mentioned in my previous post, my friend and I went tent shopping recently. Our last stop was at Vaughn Mills mall. While there we also perused many of the other retail stores.

Normally I don't like doing that because I always end up seeing something I want. That happened again at The GAP. There were a pair of light shorts and light pants great for summer hiking.

The shorts were regular $40 with a 60% off discount and the pants $55 with a 40% off discount. I bought 2 pairs of shorts for $16 each (after the discount) and one pair of pants for $33 (after the discount).

While standing in line to pay I noticed a customer ahead of me who had her CAA card out at the cash. She presented it to the cashier for some sort of discount I assumed.

When it was my turn I asked what it was about. The cashier said that if you show your CAA card you receive an extra 10% off your purchase which is great.

What wasn't great was that I didn't bring my CAA card. Since I didn't drive I brought my slimmed down wallet with my three basic cards - driver's licence, health card and VISA card.

I asked if I could come back with my CAA card later and still receive the discount. The girl said, yes. So I did that the following Monday and received a further $7.35 savings.

The lady behind me noticed and asked what it was all about. When she found out you could save an extra 10% with your CAA card she produced hers too.

So, now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment