Thursday, April 16, 2015

Amaya - The Indian Room (Round 2)


After going to the Amaya The Indian Room the first time I was impressed enough to go again. Though, the $40 Groupon I bought for $20 was added incentive.

Learning my lesson from our first visit I made early reservations for 5:30 on Saturday. The last time I went with my friends we had 7:00 p.m. reservations, but were asked if we could push them back to 8:30 (though we weren't actually seated until around 9:00).

I asked my friend to meet me at my condo at 5:00 which would give us plenty of time to drive over and find parking. I must admit I totally lost track of time during the day. When my friend called me to say she was downstairs at my condo I was still over at my parents' house thinning out the lilac bushes in the backyard.

Needless to say I rushed home as quickly as possible making it there by around 5:20. I dropped my friend off at the restaurant at around 5:30 and went to look for street parking. So we were pretty much on time I'd say. Though I wasn't in so much of a relaxed state upon my arrival.

The restaurant wasn't full. In fact, besides us, there were only two or three other tables taken. I overestimated how busy they'd be I guess. Perhaps a 6:00 p.m. reservation would have sufficed. Next time then... I still have one more Groupon to use.

Just like last time, dinner was great. We decided to try some new dishes. We got Lasooni Cauliflower  ($8.00) as a starter along with Coastal Fish Curry ($16.00) and Punjabi Chicken (($16.00) as mains. We also got one order of Basmati Rice ($3.00) and one piece of plain Roti ($2.50).

The cauliflower dish was on the sweet side. I liked it. It was different. I thought the fish curry was quite tasty. The Punjabi Chicken was too spicy for my tastes (though the server only rated it medium spicy). Next time I'd get two orders of rice. I think it's a better value than the one piece of plain Roti.

No comments:

Post a Comment