Monday, August 5, 2013

Dinner @ Spice Route



I went to dinner with my friend, Lawrence, last week for his birthday (which was actually earlier in July). I bought a voucher for a buffet dinner for 2 for $24 at Spice Route down on King Street West (west of Spadina Avenue).

It's a nice looking place. The decor is dark wood with yellow/orange accent lighting.

Their food is a mix of different Asian cuisines. They bill themselves mainly as an Indian and Chinese restaurant, but they have some Japanese and Thai influences as well.

Since they mentioned that it was a dinner buffet I expected to see rows of hot plates with food on them. But, actually, you order each item (like at a AYCE sushi place) and they make it up and bring it to you.

The food selection was pretty interesting. And the presentation quite nice. But, the description and taste was average I'd say. Still, the regular price, $24 per person isn't too far out of line compared to what you'd pay at a Mandarin (buffet) restaurant. So, if you had to pick between the two I'd come here.

But, if you opened the competition up to any type of ACYE/buffet restaurant you'll find me standing in line at either Echo or Ajimi sushi restaurants in my neighbourhood. A much better bang for your buck as far as I'm concerned. Though, if you don't eat raw fish, I guess I'll see you back at Spice Route.

No comments:

Post a Comment