Monday, July 22, 2013

Summerlicious at Bodega


I went to Bodega for lunch for Summerlicious this past Sunday. It's been awhile since I've gone to either Summer or Winterlicious. Mostly because you can find some really good deals through coupon groups like Groupon or Wagjag for restaurants or whatever else you're interested in.

Bodega is a French restaurant on Baldwin Street that happens to be situated right across the street from my church. That was one reason my friend and I picked it because of it's close proximity. The other reason was because our first choice Biff's Bistro on Front Street at Yonge was fully booked for lunch on Sunday.

The $20 Lunch menu for Bodega -

Appetizer - Chilled Gazpacho; 
or 
Salad of sweet and bitter Greens, 
heirloom tomato, cucumber, carrot, diakon, cider and pommery vinaigrette
; or 
Crab Cake Provençale
 with tarragon cream
; or Baked Goat’s Cheese Tart 
with tomato onion niçoise and black olives



.

Entrée - Grilled Rainbow Trout filet - 
quinoa, pesto, heirloom carrots, mango watermelon relish
; or Duck Leg Confit 
with lentilles du puy and a fig and tomato relish; 
or Grilled Lamb Chops 
with hummus, tabbouleh, and toasted flat bread; 
or
 Roasted Vegetable Cannelloni - 
zucchini, eggplant, mushroom, spinach, and asiago, with tomato basil sauce.

Dessert - 



Fresh Strawberries with Cream
; or
 Lemon curd 
with Strawberry Coulis; 
or Cherry Clafoutis

My friend and I shared the appetizers. We chose the Chilled Gazpacho and 
Crab Cake Provençale. For our entrées I had the Grilled Rainbow Trout and she had the Duck Leg Confit. We both had our own Cherry Clafoutis. Don't ask me what it was. It tasted fine.

Overall the whole meal was decent. I can't say I was wowed or anything like that. You never know what you're going to get. Sometimes it's great. Other times it's so-so. This fell somewhere in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment