Sunday, June 9, 2013

Wildlife in the City


Last week I was at my sister's place. In the backyard a deer was resting in the grass near the back corner. My sister said it had been there quite awhile. It was early evening so I thought she was going to sleep there. We really didn't get the chance to find out though. First my sister's neighbour went out to take a picture. The deer was aware of him, but not really scared. It was only when my younger nephew went out onto the deck and yelled, hi, that she got up and eventually walked off.

My sister's house backs onto a golf course near Don Mills and York Mills. It's not exactly the heart of the city, but it's not in the boonies either. Surprisingly she sees a fair bit of wildlife in there. While it's not really "wild" wildlife she did see a deer, a couple of dancing rabbits, a groundhog and a family of raccoons (mom and five babies) in one day recently. I thought that was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment