Sunday, June 23, 2013

CPC Church Picnic 2013


We had our church's annual picnic this Sunday after service. It was held at Lakefront Promenade Park in Mississauga. It was either my first time or my first time going in many, many years. The only reason I went this time was because Tony and Iris needed a lift. I wasn't going to go because I had my boarding home visit in the afternoon.

Since I was short on time I drove Tony and Iris and Ying out right after service. I thought I'd take University Avenue down to the Gardiner Expressway, but that may have turned out to be a mistake. We got caught in heavy traffic of drivers trying to exit at Spadina Avenue for the Blue Jays game (which they won over the Baltimore Orioles... their 11th win in a row tying a team record). Still we were the first guests to the park. The only other people there were the ones preparing the food.

Since we had to wait a little I took some pictures of Ying and Iris. And I took some shots around the park. It was a nice place. There were some small birds who had built nests under the shelter where we were eating. One nest had five babies. The parents' would fly back and forth bringing food to them. They were pretty cute.

Unfortunately I had to cut out early at around 2:00 p.m. I only spent about an hour there. I had a hamburger and sausage and some salad that Francis cooked up. It was good.

It would have been nice if the weather was cooler (because it was really hot and humid), but at least the rain held off. They had predicted a high chance of that happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment