Saturday, September 1, 2012

NBA 3 on 3


The NBA sponsored a 3x (three on three) tournament here in Toronto again. I believe they've had them here in the past too. This one was at Yonge/Dundas Square last Sunday. I hooked up with Kerry again after church. After lunch we wandered around the city.

Like last week we went by City Hall and Nathan Philips Square. I went to see if Richard was sitting in his usual spot, but he wasn't. I haven't seen him in awhile. I hope he's doing alright. I'm sure he must be.

We walked into City Hall to use the bathrooms. While there I took some photos of the nail sculpture on the wall (on the right side as you enter). I've never taken a shot of it all these years it's been there. It's called Metropolis and was created by David Partridge in 1974. It was created using more than 100,000 "common nails" as the City of Toronto website puts it.

After that I wanted to go through the Eaton Centre back to the Massey Tower sales office on the east side of Yonge (just north of Queen Street). We were there last week to see the model suite. It's on the site of the old Canadian Bank of Commerce.

The building hasn't been occupied in over 20 years I believe and was in neglect. Now they're restoring it and it'll be the lobby for the new condo. I'll be writing a bit about that later.

Next we walked up to Yonge/Dundas Square where we discovered the 3x tournament. It was interesting to see. They had different categories depending on your skill level. Some players were quite high level. Probably former college players.

Of course there were fun activities for the kids too. And a DJ blasting out the tunes. Something for all ages. The atmosphere was hopping.

We stayed for about half an hour before retreating back to the food court at the Eaton Centre to relax with our $1 McDonalds soft drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment