Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cover Band at Scruffy Murphy's


After dinner at Rancho Relaxo my friend and I still felt like having a beer. So we went up to my neighbourhood to a bar called Scruffy Murphy's.

We ordered a pitcher of Rickard's Red and some sweet potato fries to munch on. I was still a bit full from the Mexican food, but the fries were tasty. Cold beer and sweet potato fries? How could anyone resist?

We talked and watched a bit of U.S. college football on the TV until some musicians came and set up their equipment. Turns out they had a cover band booked for the evening.

I don't know who they were, but they were pretty good. They played a bunch of songs that I liked. I can't remember any offhand. They were from a few years back. Probably the 90's and early 2000's.

The patrons at the bar seemed to like them too. Quite a few of them were up dancing. Since I had my camera I took a bunch of pics of the band. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment