Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wedding Show



My friend Yonni was involved with The Ultimate Wedding Show last weekend. It was held at Living Arts Centre in Mississauga. It's close to Square One (which is where I parked for free).

I got there not long after 1:00. The fashion show that Yonni was in was supposed to start at 2:00. She was going to model some dresses along with a few other girls.

There weren't very many booths at the Living Arts Centre. I didn't actually look through them while I was waiting for the fashion show part to start.

Coincidentally one of my other friends, Cathy, was there too. Her mother does flower arrangements. She was helping at her booth. I was sitting on some stairs waiting for the fashion show to start when I looked over and saw her off in the distance.

When I went over Cathy mentioned she saw me sitting there and had waved her arms trying to catch my attention. She thought I was looking in her direction at one point, but when I didn't react she thought it wasn't me.

The fashion show was held in what I believed was a strange location–on the staircase leading up to the upper levels of the building. I thought to myself, this is a disaster waiting to happen. With all the young ladies in long dresses walking up and down the stairs... I just hoped there was an ambulance waiting nearby. Thankfully, for everyone, things went smoothly.

My job was to try to take a few pictures for Yonni. The organizer asked me if I could take shots for him as well when he saw me. So I did that too.

It was my first time shooting a "fashion show". I suppose some of the models weren't very experienced either. Quite a few of them zipped down and up the stairs barely stopping to let any of the photographers get any shots.

A couple of us went upstairs to take some posed shots afterward. That's what you see above–five of the 10 to 15 models who wanted some extra shots taken. That was a bit better for getting some decent pics. Good for me, good for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment