Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's Day Party (for Singles... Mostly)


Nalini, Virginia, Deidre, Marie, Florianne, Denise and Daryl with Tom in front.

Virginia held a Valentine's get together for all the lonely singles out there. We could keep each other company and drown our sorrows (if we so desired). Though, truth be told, there half the group were couples. It was just another excuse to get together with our friends.

I got there a bit early because I wanted to take pictures of the sun setting. Virginia lives on the 40th floor of a condo facing west at Yonge and Sheppard. I was hoping to get there by 5:00 before the sun dipped too low below the horizon. Unfortunately I was late because I had a meeting to finish up our church's 100th Anniversary book. By the time I got there the sun had already disappeared. So sad.

I took a few pictures anyway. The view was pretty nice. After that I went in to talk with Virginia and her friend Malcolm who drove in from Pembroke. They met while traveling. I can't remember where now.

In all I think about 15 people showed. Some were new to me. Others I had met at least once or twice in the past. A lot of them are friends of Tom who I play hockey with on Fridays.

I had an enjoyable time. I took lots of pictures of everything and everyone. That's what I like doing.

To top it off I did manage to get some great shots of the orange glow of the sun beneath the horizon against a dark, blue sky. I think they really look spectacular. Check my Flickr.com page page to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment