Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall Walk #2


Cynara, May and Alan

Okay, as you can well see, this autumn outing wasn't nearly as nice as the previous one, a scant seven days ago. What a difference a week makes. From sunny, blue skies, 25C+ temperatures and leaves on the trees that looked like they were on fire to a cold, wet, dreary, grey day. Yep, that's Canadian weather for you.

Alan organized this walk for us. He found a place called Speyside Forest on the internet. It's west, near Limehouse (a bit north of Milton off the 401).

Eight of us met at Fairview Mall in the early afternoon. We assembled into two groups and carpooled from there. I went with Alan. He drove May and Sopheak too. I don't know what Sopheak was thinking... but, he had nice, leather shoes on. Sopheak! What are you doing? Jon drove Cynara, Norm and Amanda. One couple, Oliver and Teri, met us there. They live in Mississauga (which is half way to Milton from Toronto).

When we left Fairview it was grey, windy and dreary. When we arrived at the trailhead it was grey, windy, dreary and rainy. I must say it was a light sprinkle and, more or less, intermittent. But, nevertheless, it was rain.

Still we trudged on. Alan sported a bright, yellow, rain poncho. While not a high fashion statement, it was very practical. A few others, myself included, brought umbrellas. The rest made do with hats or hoodies or just let the rain fall on their heads.

Jon and I were the only ones who brought our cameras out. I have to admit I felt tempted to leave it in the car. But, you never know what you might regret not shooting if you don't have your camera along. So, of course, I brought it.

I was happy I did. Even though it wasn't a spectacular, bright, sunny day like the week before, I still got some moody shots that I liked.

Check out my Flickr.com page soon to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment