Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Taku and Naomi's Wedding Celebration


Naomi, Taku, Mrs. Kumabe, Taku's sister-in-law, his brother

My friend Taku had a get together at his future condo's party room on August 13th. They were officially married on June 8th at city hall, but only had this celebration for friends this day. In November they will fly to Japan (in the outskirts of Kyoto) for a traditional Japanese style ceremony as well.

I went with one of my friends that I used to work with. A few of my former co-workers from Trader were there. Taku and I used to sit beside one another at work, so many of our friends from the company are the same.

Taku and I both play in the Ultimate (Frisbee) league organized by Cornerstone Church in Markham too. So there were some friends who attended from there as well.

My friend and I were amongst the first groups of people to arrive. We made our way to the party rooms on the second floor. One room had the food and some tables to sit at. The other was for people to mingle in. There was a slideshow going showing pictures of Naomi and Taku there as well as a wedding cake.

Taku and Naomi made a short trivia game to see how well their friends knew them. There were ten questions. After they revealed the answers they gave some prizes away to the people who scored the highest.

The event ended at around 4:00-4:30 p.m., a bit later than the time stated on the invitation (3:30). Though I currently see Taku every week at Ultimate (just for the summer), it was nice to see some of my other friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment