Saturday, August 20, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love



I went to see Crazy, Stupid, Love the other day. Having already seen the T.V. commercials I wasn't expecting much. But there didn't seem like many other good choices at my local theatre so, for me, I was just limiting my losses.

To my surprise it actually turned out to be a really good movie. I have to say I'm a big Steve Carell fan. He's one of the many offbeat characters in the hit television show, The Office. Though, in that show, he's quite over the top. In this movie he's more toned down. A bit more realistic which was nice.

All the characters in the movie were wonderful. From Steve Carell's bumbling, Cal, to the smooth talking Jacob (Ryan Gosling) to Cal's cheating wife, Emily (Julianne Moore), they were all great. Marisa Tomei was really funny as, Kate, a girl Cal picked up at a club one evening. Emma Stone did a good job as Hannah, Cal and Emily's daughter.

The only character I didn't really think was written that well was Cal and Emily's son, Robbie (Jonah Bobo). He seemed way too pushy for a kid his age in pursuing his love interest in the movie. Other than that the movie was great. It was funny and touching and had a bit of a twist near the end. Go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment