Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sunday


@ Scruffy Murphys on Eglinton

Sunday started off like any typical Sunday for me. I went to church, had lunch in Chinatown after service and visited the guys at Terry's boarding home at 103 Tyndall.

Pastor Tom spoke about helping people with depression. It was a good sermon. I think he gave some useful advice. Lunch at Rol Jui was good as usual. I had chow mien with assorted meat on top. It's part of my regular rotation of orders.

The boarding home visit was alright too. It was Kate's birthday. She's Rodger's assistant. She goes to the various homes with him on a regular basis. She kept getting Facebook notifications on her phone from people sending their best wishes while we were there. Robert (I just forgot his last name) was feeling a little odd though. Rodger offered to take him somewhere if he wanted to get some treatment, but he declined instead deciding just to get a bit of rest.

After we finished the boarding home visit I went to see Auntie Mary (Ko Bong) at East General. Tony mentioned she was there after having a fall last Sunday. She wasn't injured. I think just a bump on her head or something like that. I suppose they were keeping her there for observation. She's pretty frail at the moment.

I stayed for around 3 hours just chatting with her. I was there over her dinnertime too. Tony mentioned she wasn't eating a lot. So I was trying to encourage her to eat as much as possible. Still she didn't put away very much food. Just a few small bites of this and that. Truth be told, the food they served looked pretty terrible. It was bland-looking, puréed mush. From what she told me it didn't taste very good either. Anyway, she appreciated the visit. I'm sure it must get pretty boring there by herself. Over the weeks she's been there she did have roommates from time to time though. Some of them were alright while others were kind of annoying.

After visiting Mary I met up with a couple friends at Scruffy Murphys for a beer. It's a local pub in my area that we like. We went there once or twice before. They have a live band performing at one point in the evening. They let people go up and sing or play musical instruments with them. It's sort of like live Karaoke. Except that everyone is pretty much a professional. I'm sure most of the people that went up are in bands of their own. Anyway, it was fun. And since it was Halloween people quite a few people were dressed up in costumes which was cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment