Friday, July 16, 2010

Mountain Biking this past Weekend



I went mountain biking for the second time this year this past Saturday. My friends Lisa and Wayne wanted to go. I know them from gym night (in the winter) and Ultimate (frisbee, in the summer).

We went out to Durham Forest in Uxbridge. It's about 70 kms from where I live. It took about an hour for me to drive there.

Durham Forest is close to Glen Major another place my friends and I used to ride at. Both are free which is great. Glen Major has mostly single track trails while Durham Forest has double track as well. They've really built up the trail systems they have there over the years. Both places are great to ride at. As well there are quite a few spots to park your car which is handy.

The day was great. Sunny and not too hot. We had a really good ride. I was a little concerned because it was Lisa and Wayne's first ride of any sort this year. So I thought they might be a little slow. But, they did really well. I guess they're in decent shape from all the other sports they do. They even did pretty well at some of the steep hills we encountered. I was quite impressed even if they didn't make it up all of them.

This is an old photo of me riding my mountain bike back in 1999. About a year or so after I first bought it. My friend Jay and I drove down to Pennsylvania to ride the Rail Trails there.

No comments:

Post a Comment